Date sent:              Fri, 20 Sep 2013 11:01:19 -0700
From:                   Erik Hoffman <e...@erikhoffman.com>
To:                     Caller's discussion list <call...@sharedweight.net>
Subject:                Re: [Callers] formations VS progressions: battle
of the terms
Send reply to:          Caller's discussion list <call...@sharedweight.net>
        <mailto:callers-
requ...@sharedweight.net?subject=unsubscribe>
        <mailto:callers-
requ...@sharedweight.net?subject=subscribe>

My geezerly self is about to show.  I still tend to wait for the caller
to say "Improper."  A holdover from when we actually had to find out if
the dance was proper or improper.  Proper dances are so rarely called
these days that the improper formation is the basic starting point.
And, when a local (i.e. American) dance group automatically lines up
switched over, just saying "Becket" works here, too.  But sometimes,
with a batch of newer dances, we gotta describe how you get there...

~erik hoffman
   oakland, ca