Hi Polly,

I'm having trouble understanding the movement you describe. I've added my interpretation
to your description. Is this what you envision?

Improper, 1's between 2's, line of four down the hall, gent #1 turns
anticlockwise 180 degrees
in place holding both ladies who pivot around him.
(so lady 1 is moving forwards and lady 2 is moving backwards)
Gent #2 turns alone.
Return the line, this time lady #2 (center lady) is the pivot point for both
gents.
Lady #2 turns anticlockwise 270 degrees acting as the pivot for the two gents (so gent #1 moves forward and gent #2 moves backwards).
Lady #1 "bends-the-line" alone
and gent #1 crosses over and turns around (anticlockwise) to stand in place beside her
both facing in, lady on the right.

I'd worry about lady 2 and gent 2 sudden change of direction if the centers of the pivots remain strictly on their spots, however dancers could smooth it out by the first pivot starting more like casting around lady #2, and the second pivot more like casting around gent #2.

It will be fun to try it out. Have you written a dance using it? A hey following your move would
flow nicely.

Cheers, Bill