[ruthless snippage]

On Fri, Oct 04, 2013, Greg McKenzie wrote:

> The politics of a dance community are plenty to deal with in any
> case.  As it stands we have to deal with a diverse group with vastly
> different ideas of where our particular dance tradition is headed--or,
> for that matter, where it came from.

As Erik pointed out, we actually are not all that diverse on a number of
axes, and I haven't seen much discussion about increasing diversity in
the contra community, at least since I joined this list in January.
(Which I'm somewhat sensitive about due to my involvement in diversity
for Open Source.)

Not that I feel it's really my place to push hard on this as a newbie
caller, nor do I have much time/energy to push from the dancer side, but
I think it's reasonable to point out that Greg is at least somewhat
overstating the case.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/