 From: Andrea Nettleton <twirly-g...@bellsouth.net>
To: Caller's discussion list <call...@sharedweight.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Callers] Square through vs Cross-trail

I don't think a cross trail is an X, but I would say that there is still a
difference in foot path between a cross trail and a star through to pass
through and that is that unless explicitly told not to, dancers will do a pass
thru with the right shoulder, whereas a cross trail, as danced in contras, is a
pass thru by the R, turn and pass by the left.  In trad squares, cross trail
sometimes consists of a pass through followed by something like an x, but there
would still be two moments when hand contact is possible, first Rs, the Ls.  My
club squares caller would have a cow if anyone danced a cross trail as anything
but a pass thru and half sashay.
Andrea

Sent from my iPad