Thought I'd share this to encourage those of you who don't want to spend
$500+ on a wireless system.  My group in Taos has recently had great
success with this, a handheld mic system for just over $100:

Audio-Technica ATW-802
VHF Wireless Microphone System.
http://www.fullcompass.com/product/420660.html

It is available in 3 fixed frequencies (not switchable), so it won't work
for everyone.  I recommend buying from a local retailer if possible so you
make sure it fits your needs and can easily return it & try another
frequency model if one has interference.  Because it is set to a fixed
frequency, this system may not work well everywhere, especially in urban
areas.  The quality is good so far (4 successful months & counting, on same
pair of batteries even), though user must be very careful not to switch the
wireless system off while PA volume is up, as it makes a loud and horrible
noise.

We also prefer handheld to headset for variety of uses and sharing reasons,
though headset would be handy at times.

Nate