I've had my thumb wrenched when someone hangs on too long with this
grip.<http://us.cdn3.123rf.com/168nwm/tribalium123/tribalium1231208/tribalium123120800448/14994177-handshake.jpg>
But the original topic was "people ... bending and twisting the wrists".

My solution is this: I say "ouch", and physically straighten out the
wrist-crunch with my free hand.  Maybe I say "sorry, carpal tunnel" to
excuse this tiny bit of violence.

I can do this in the 5 seconds I have.  And I've seen the same guy give me
a straight allemande later that night, so it seems to have a good effect.

Lindsay Morris
CEO, TSMworks
Tel. 1-859-539-9900
lind...@tsmworks.com