From: Kalia Kliban <ka...@sbcglobal.net>
To: Caller's discussion list <call...@sharedweight.net>
Sent: Mon, Apr 7, 2014 12:47 pm
Subject: [Callers] Differing styles of techno contra

Hi all

I have a question about two different styles of techno contra.  The
question is mostly directed at folks who have done both, since I'm
curious about whether you have a preference and if so, why.  Some techno
contras have continuous music -- the dancers just drop in or out at the
bottom whenever they feel like it, and the caller treats the night like
one long medley.  The other kind is more like a regular contra.  The
caller teaches a dance, the music starts, the dance runs for however
long it runs, and then it stops and folks re-partner for the next one.

As a dancer, which style do you prefer?  How about as a caller?

Kalia