[following up late after Memorial Day vacation]

On Fri, May 23, 2014, Donna Hunt wrote:

> Pass the ocean; Gents cross to opposite side and Ladies take left and
> turn 1/4
>
> Swing through; all turn your neighbor by the right 1/2 and then the
> gents pull by the left.  (Ladies stay where they are on the side of
> the set and then their partners pull by left to meet them)
>
> hope that's clearer.

Not really  ;-)

These are not the definitions used in MWSD, and I would expect some
confusion unless you both made that clear to the dancers and taught
these moves carefully using your definitions.  Personally, I prefer the
MWSD definitions (with possibly some alteration for simplicity because
you know who the dancers are with your configuration):

Pass The Ocean: pass through, face partner, step to wave

Swing Thru: turn by right 1/2, turn by left 1/2 (i.e. in your case I'd
make this "neighbor turn by right 1/2, men turn by left 1/2")

If you actually really truly mean "pull by" in your definition above (as
opposed to the ending figure being still a wave), I strongly recommend
that you change the figure name to something other than "swing through".
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/