*From:* Rich Sbardella via Callers <callers@lists.sharedweight.net>
*To:* Caller's discussion list <call...@sharedweight.net>;
trad-dance-call...@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Tuesday, December 8, 2015 12:48 PM
*Subject:* [Callers] Contras with a Hey

Hello Folks,

I am relatively new at calling contras and I am looking for some asy to
intermediate contras to introduce the hey to a group that includes many
beginners. and/or club square dancers.

"Butter" by Gene Hubert is my go to dance, but I am looking for a few
more.  I like Butter because the flow from ladies chain into a RH hey is
great, and because all the other calls are introduced earlier in most
evening.

I love simple, but different choreography, so I am open to most suggestions.

Rich Sbardella

My two favorites for teaching the whole hey to new dancers are Flirtation Reel (Tony Parkes) and Carousel (Tom Hinds). In both cases, you start and end the hey in the same place, facing the same person (neighbor and partner, respectively), then go into a swing with them (by way of a gypsy or balance). In Butter, you come out of the hey into the progression, which is slightly less easy.

Kalia