It's also really similar to Tom Hinds' Frederick Contra (but only gents DSD
and order of moves is different) as well as Linda Leslie's Autumn Leaves
(but no allemande / chain).

I also dislike chain -> progress to balance; it never flows right for me as
a dancer. And it defeats the whole purpose of a glossary move dance if a
caller has to rely on doing the move (chain) in a way where one or both
role has to do it differently from almost every other time it's called.
Thus, what's the point of trying to teach a chain, if the caviat is "it'll
be different every other time".

The allemande to balance can be a reach, I agree. But since the do-si-do is
only really a 6 beat move, I like the allemande->do-si-do next progression
and think it's sufficiently glossary.

I just added Troxler to my box, but with the allemande variation.

Best,
Ron