You can fix that little challenge by making the A1 a neighbor give & take on
the left diagonal. As couples, dancers go forward on the left, and bring
neighbor straight back for a swing. In the gents' chain version, the ladies
would bring N back; in the ladies’ chain version, gents would bring N back to
swing.
Linda