Ding, Dong, the Witch Is Dead <>Duple improper
                                                   October 24, 2000

A1    Women do-si-do (or gypsy or allemande right as well)
        Women swing (unisex style or Galway swing)

A2    Men allemande right 1 ½
        Men Galway swing*

B1    Balance and swing your partner

B2    Half a hey, women start right shoulder (Alternate: right and left through)
        Women chain across

* Men's Galway swing is done with a hold that provides some personal space. The
men maintain the right allemande hold, and they cup the other man's right elbow
with their left hand, this makes for a very strong and stable, tetrahedron-like
hold and a powerful swing. This swing also appears in Smog Check.

This contra was written for a Halloween dance. The “Ding, Dong, the Witch is
Dead” riff from “The Wizard of Oz” is fun to throw into a tune if the band
knows it. Originally written with the women’s role doing a unisex swing, but
why should the men’s role have all the fun? You are at liberty to have both
roles do the same swing. Women’s role allemande right is a little more odd from
the position it is starting in though.

One I wrote.