Hi all,

I recently called Beneficial Tradition for the first time and noticed a consistent hitch in the dance at the top of the set. It was probably happening at the bottom too.

I was doing the variant with no wave balance in the A1, just Women allemande L 1x and P swing. Though the transition from the pull-bys in the B2 to that L allemande worked well inside the line, it was always funky at the ends. I'm speculating that that's because folks coming out of the pull-by pattern into empty space at the end were tending to head in a consistent incorrect direction.

Those of you who have called this dance a lot, have you noticed the same issue? How do you teach the B2-A1 transition to minimize the confusion and end effects?

Kalia

ps Happy New Year, everyone!