> On Mar 6, 2018, at 11:23 PM, Kalia Kliban via Callers
> <callers@lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:
>
> On 3/6/2018 7:28 PM, Mac Mckeever via Callers wrote:
>> This seems to me to be a lot of effort with very little benefit.  There are
>> thousands of dances and each caller has their own approach to programming.
>> It is rare for a dance to be called two nights in a row.  When I do see that
>> happening I often ask other dancers around me if they remember it - and no
>> one ever has.
>> How would the next caller get access to this info? The logistics would seem
>> difficult and unnecessary.
>
> The way our local English dances do this is that the series programmer sends
> the current log to the next caller on deck, who can then consider the log or
> not, as they choose.  It's not a big deal.  I run the Sebastopol dance, and I
> either write down the programs myself if I'm at the dance or contact the
> caller afterward to get their list.  Simple Excel spreadsheet to keep track.
> Easy.
>
> If I'm coming to call for a community I've never worked with before, seeing a
> list of the dances they've done gives me a good idea of the general level of
> the group.  It's a useful tool.
>
> Kalia in Sebastopol

For our English dance in Jamaica Plain, the caller writes the dance name on a
whiteboard in front of the hall after each dance. At the end of the dance we
transcribe it into  book, I take a photo of the board and enter it in a
database at home - and then post on our web page two lists,  one sorted by
night, and one sorted by dance name. (If I am not there someone else sends me
the info).I sometimes have to adjust the spellings - or deal with the “the” in
the name so the sorting by dance name is OK. This record goes back to January
2010.

              http://lcfd.org/bgfe/