It really doesn’t make much difference in this case since the domino will take
8 beats if there’s 8 beats left.  I was just curious about 10 for the square
through - in English dancing we do have eight beat circular heys (like
“Collier’s Daughter”)  but the convention is usually not to take hands on those
fast ones, so it’s more like a mini weave the ring. On the other hand contras
have a lot of interrupted square through where there’s a four-beat balance and
a four-beat square through 2, so it can be done.

— Alan

Sent from my iPad