Back when the 900 450 first started shipping, we discovered a couple bad SMs. Linktests were in the dirt no matter what. I don't remember if the modulations were always low or not. I'm thinking everything looked normal which was why we were so confused. But we put another SM in place and it went from something like 4Mbps aggregate to over 20. And repeated this at a couple locations. So we set those aside and moved on.

As others have said, what do linktests look like? And what about uplink and downlink modulations? What are the power levels? Hotter than -40dBm is too much.

My question would be, why are you using 900 for LOS and/or extremely short range? I'd put up an ePMP 2k on an omni and call it done.

Also keep in mind that the 900 450 SMs do NOT have the filtering that the 450i AP does. They're just that, a standard 450 SM. So if you're running zero guard band on your cluster, a really close SM could definitely be seeing adjacent channel interference.