*Video of Sok Bun Case: *
*http://www.mediafire.com/watch/qqm14yy6ctkgwwi/sok_bun_case.mp4*
<http://www.mediafire.com/watch/qqm14yy6ctkgwwi/sok_bun_case.mp4>

*Cambodian tycoon's attack on actress prompts uproar*

*https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/cambodian-tycoons-attack-actress-prompts-uproar-103724984.html*
<https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/cambodian-tycoons-attack-actress-prompts-uproar-103724984.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>
[image: Associated Press] <http://www.ap.org/> Associated Press
<http://www.ap.org/>
SOPHENG CHEANG and JOCELYN GECKERJuly 15, 2015

Cambodian tycoon's attack on actress prompts uproar
<https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/cambodian-tycoons-attack-actress-prompts-uproar-103724984.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>

Cambodian tycoon's attack on actress prompts uproar
<https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/cambodian-tycoons-attack-actress-prompts-uproar-103724984.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia (AP) In the grainy black-and-white video the tycoon is
seen dragging the actress off a leather couch at a Phnom Penh restaurant.
He throws her to the ground, kicks her head and pummels her with body blows.
View on www.yahoo.com
<https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/cambodian-tycoons-attack-actress-prompts-uproar-103724984.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>
Preview by Yahoo

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia (AP) — In the grainy black-and-white video the tycoon
is seen dragging the actress off a leather couch at a Phnom Penh
restaurant. He throws her to the ground, kicks her head and pummels her
with body blows.
Now the man is pleading for mercy in a case that has outraged Cambodia. The
1-minute video, which the actress and TV personality known to fans as
"Sasa" posted on her Facebook page last week, has become the focus of
social media and morning talk shows and put pressure on police to deliver
justice in a country where the wealthy often act with impunity.
"He pulled my hair and smashed my head against the floor. He was punching
and kicking me. I was in shock, I couldn't believe what was happening,"
Sasa, whose real name is Ek Socheata, told The Associated Press in a
telephone interview Wednesday. Photographs she provided, which ran in
Cambodian newspapers, show her with bruises over her body, a black eye and
bloodied fingers and knees.
The attacker, a married and middle-aged property tycoon named Sok Bun,
admits he made a mistake and said he is trying to pay for it.
"I, Sok Bun, deeply regret what happened," he said in a statement issued
Tuesday. "I could not control myself."
He offered to pay his victim $40,000 to make the case go away, then upped
the offer to $100,000, which she has rejected. He has now appealed to Prime
Minister Hun Sen to take pity on him and guarantee his freedom.
Sok Bun disappeared a day after the video began circulating online and is
believed to be in Singapore, police say. In a second statement issued
Tuesday, he said he was "absent from Cambodia" for medical treatment and
will return when "my security is guaranteed."
Sok Bun's conciliatory statements coincided with growing calls for his
arrest, from the public and senior government officials. Interior Minister
Sar Kheng ordered police on Tuesday to do their jobs and find Sok Bun.
"If he escapes, it will be an insult to us," the interior minister was
quoted as saying by The Phnom Penh Post. "We cannot accept that."
National police spokesman Kirt Chantharith said authorities had tracked him
down to Singapore and would find a way to bring him back.
"We know where he is hiding. He will not get away with this," said the
police spokesman. "The interior minister has ordered his arrest, and we
will find him."
The attack occurred at a Japanese restaurant in the Cambodian capital in
the early hours of July 2. It was captured by the restaurant's security
cameras and obtained by Sasa, who then posted it online.
The 28-year-old actress, who hosted a popular entertainment show on
Cambodian TV, says she was protecting a friend from the drunken advances of
Sok Bun when he flew into a rage. His bodyguard is seen in the video
pointing a pistol at the actress' head as his boss attacks her.
"I cannot forget what he did to me," said Sasa. "I don't want his money. I
want to see him in court."
___
Gecker contributed to this report from Bangkok.
--

Best Regards,

*Khmer Forum*
*A place for sharing community events and public news.*

---
"Cambodia Discussion (CAMDISC) - www.cambodia.org" group.
to camdisc+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.