From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 8:55 AM
Subject: [Cameramakers] Cage Camera

> I saw a very intersting idea on this forum about a "cage camera".  That
got me thinking about the Aluminum extrusions we sometimes use for rapid
prototyping of fixtures for an assembly line that I used to write software
for.  Kind of like a grown-mans erector set on steroids.  It would be
trivial to make a frame for a camera back and a sliding front standard.  See
http://www.framingtech.com/ for some examples of things made with this
product.  The resulting camera would be heavy but then it seems that it
could be an asset in the situations (ie, high wind) that it could be used
in.  Plus, with a few twists of some thumbscrews the whole thing could be
dissassembled in a few seconds.