Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 11:05 PM
Subject: [Cameramakers] Taking measurements from a Graflex camera

Hello:

I am going to borrow some sort of 4x5 Graflex from a guy at work who saved
it from being dumpstered. I intended to take a few measurements from it to
show me how a film holder fits a view camera.

I have only seen drawings and photos on the 'net, never having owned a view
camera before.

Well, I learned it has a Polaroid back. If they never shot 'conventional'
sheet film, is the 'conventional' back that would hold a 4x5 'conventional'
filmholder under teh Polaroid back, that is, a part of the stock, standard
camera, or is it possible there will not be a standard back there?

Thanks

Murray