--- Uptown Gallery <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If he brings it in I'll find out Monday what it is.
>
> The reason I'd like to look at a 'real' camera
> rather than virtual one on
..snip..
Yah, find one and take a look; they're not real
complicated (although my limited woodworking skills
might disagree!).  The raised bump on the filmholder
fits into a slot in the 4x5 back -- partly as
positioning device, partly (I think) to block light.
Usually the film holder slides in from the side, under
the ground glass, which has springs so it holds the
film holder in place tightly...

-- Pw