hi,

Camino works with JDK1.4. The version of the installation program (InstallAnywhere 4.5) that we used to create the Windows distribution of Camino (camino_v1_0_1.exe) has problems running under JDK1.4.

At present, we are working on sorting out the issues with the installation program - it seems that InstallAnywhere is expecting to find the file jvm.dll in <JDKdir>\jre\bin\hotspot. However, in JDK1.4, this directory does not exist anymore. Instead there are two directories: <JDKdir>\jre\bin\client and <JDKdir>\jre\bin\server.

Therefore, as a work around, create a directory named "hotspot" under <JDKdir>\jre\bin. Copy the file <JDKdir>\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll to the newly created directory <JDKdir>\jre\bin\hotspot

That should enable you to install and run Camino under JDK1.4.

Regards,
KinOnn