I've been using Camino since the early betas and have only just joined
the mailing list.  I appologize if what I am about to write is a repeat.
(I use Camino 1.0.1 under Debian GNU/Linux (unstable) and run linux 2.4.18)

Suggestions/feature requests (in no particular order)
*  Camino should have a list of recent projects in the File menu.  I
find it a pain in the *** to have to wade through the file dialog to
open my project.

*  I would also like to see an option for Camino to automatically open
the last project upon startup.

*  Bug?  I have to use the IBM 1.3 JVM because Camino hangs randomly
(using 100% of the CPU) when I use any of the Blackdown 1.3.* JVMs.

*  Sort the items in the left pane's tree.  My projects are getting to
have *many* jsp's per directory and it becomes hard to find specific ones.

*  Remember the layout of the panes.

*  Remember window size and position.

*  When there are parse errors, those errors should be put right in my
face.  I don't know how many times I've wasted many minutes trying to
figure out why some of my jsp's didn't show up!  (This is also related
to the sorting request above...  It would have been easier to see that a
jsp simply wasn't in the list...)  One suggestion I have would be to put
up a dialog when there are parse errors.

*  I generally don't care about the warnings displayed in the bottom
pane.  (The Camino JSP parser can't handle my obviously hiddeous website
structure with more custom tags than you can believe!)

*  (bug?) The jsp parser doesn't deal with <%@include ....%> stuff...
 This causes most of my warnings since my taglib defs are all in an
include file.

*  Grouping/Collapsing of related objects.  What I would like to see is
something similar to UML's packages, where you can look at things at a
higher level without all the boring details.  As the app using struts
grows, there simply isn't enough  screen space to keep everything
visible and scrolling to what you're working on is not ideal.  Ask me if
I need to ellaborate on this.

*  Take a look at TogetherJ and try out their auto-layout tool.  That's
what Camino needs!  (I always knew that that stupid graph theory course
in college was going to pay off some time! :-))  The layout engine
should group things and make every effort to not cross vectors.

*  I *really* need an undo/redo facility for the layout stuff!  I
already spend way too much time trying to make things fit.

*  Wizard or multi-page form support:  For what we're doing, most of the
web UI will consist of the equivalent of  wizards.   This means that
forms generally have a Back and Next button.  The way I do this now is
by manually creating the form classes to include all the possible data.
 It would be nice to have Camino create these more complicated form classes.

*  Automatic updates:  why let Camino examine the source tree and watch
for changed files and then automatically incorporate those in the model?
 This would save me a lot of Project|Reload clicks!  You could do what
TogetherJ does and only do this when it regains mouse focus or is moved
to the foreground.

*  Visual indicator that something has been changed and that therefore
the project needs saving.   I've never seen the status bar used for
anything...

*  When reloading, please don't collapse the tree in the left pane!
 Just update it.   With the level of subdirectories we have, this
collapsing is a real pain.

Ok, that's all I can think of right now.  Keep up the good work!

P.S.: For those wondering....  Yes I absolutely love TogetherJ from
TogetherSoft.  Unfortunately, we can't afford (yet) it at my current gig.

--
Andrew Scherpbier, CTO ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
BlackBall Music (http://www.blackballmusic.com/)

===