On Aug 15, 2008, at 1:51 PM, Scott wrote:

I used copy to get a URL from a forum web page, opened a new tab, pasted the URL into the address bar, and CPU usage shot to 100% while i got a perpetual pinwheel in Camino. It eventually crashed. The behavior was the same on multiple tries and in Camino 1.6.3, a nightly, and an intel optimized build.

The URL was a rapidshare file like:

http://rapidshare.com/files/106983569/file.sitx

At last i got it to work by carefully selecting only the URL and not the line. Apparently an invisible character at the end (newline?) caused the trouble. Should an extra whitespace character be causing a complete meltdown?

It does if you are using 1Password, according to a number of similar reports. We can't prevent bugs in third-party code--which is why removing input managers should always be your first step in troubleshooting problems.

-Stuart