-[ Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 04:25:50PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones ]----
> I think this must be a bug in your C compiler.  The address of list is
> stashed in the roots struct, so the C compiler should know that list
> can be changed by the call to caml_copy_string.

Are you certain that the C abstract machine allow for any value stored
within the frameset of a function to be changed by a function call when
the address of the variable at hand is not passed to this function? And
mandate the C compiler to handle this scenario? In other words, mandate
the C compiler to reload from the stack all values between any function
call?

I don't think so ; or more likely I have not understood your view on
this matter?