On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 20:55, bob zhang <bobzhang1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to separate the syntax extension from the code
> generation part? syntax extension is always  fragile, code generation
> API is still pretty useful. In my opinion, the main meat lies in code
> generation part.

Not sure, but even if, I guess it would not be easy.

> <:sexp< type t = bla bla >> maybe more robust, but it requires
> camlp4of as the basic preprocessor instead of camlp4o

If there were only one preprocessor (sexplib) this would work, but having
more than one (e.g. also bin-prot) does not seem straightforward.  It's not
clear how multiple and independently developed code generators can be
composed, especially safely without interfering with each other.

Regards,
Markus

--
Markus Mottl        http://www.ocaml.info        markus.mo...@gmail.com