On 03/06/2012 05:38 PM, Matej Košík wrote:
Hello,

In the file:

        typing/path.mli

contains the following definition:

         type t =
             Pident of Ident.t
           | Pdot of t * string * int
           | Papply of t * t

What is the semantics of third parameter?

In the implementation I see it either ignored or passed verbatime around
but I have failed to spot a place where it is actually used for
something so I failed to figure out its meaning.

See Lambda.transl_path. The third parameters give the position of the component in its containing structure, at runtime (a structure is represented as a block, like a record). It should be nopos for components that have no runtime representations (like types and module types declarations).

-- Alain