Hi,

On 03/08/2012 03:12 PM, Gerd Stolpmann wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 08.03.2012, 14:58 +0100 schrieb Sebastien Ferre:
Hi,

I am considering developping an OCaml
application using Lablgtk2 for the GUI,
and using ocaml-java/Nickel for calling
a Java library (namely, OWL-API). I am
working on Linux.

Has anybody tried this ? I am a bit afraid
of potential dependency problems...

This cannot work. ocaml-java is running in a JVM, but lablgtk2 is
written for the standard runtime, and assumes standard conventions for
the C bindings it needs.

What you could try to do is to use the standard runtime, and load the
JVM dynamically for running the Java library, and connect both via JNI.
There is a generator for such cross calls by Xavier:

http://gallium.inria.fr/~xleroy/software.html#camljava

I've never used it, though.

This looks promising, and adequate to my needs.
However, the last version dates back to 2004, and
is for java-1.4. Is there any chance it stills
works ? Has anybody used it recently ?

Sébastien