On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 17:06 +0200, Romain Bardou wrote:
> In other word it's as if you changed your "official"
> stdlib/Pervasives.cmo except that it's cleanier as you don't actually
> override it (which would change your Pervasives for all your projects).
>
> I didn't try it though, so maybe I'm missing something.

Well, I did :)
Technically, it fails because you have to name your new module
Pervasives and thus cause a conflict with the original Pervasives.

> Basically, just use any hack which can replace your ocamlc by a script
> which adds "open Myperv;;\n" before calling ocamlc ^^

Yes, that's the kind of things I have in mind.
Unfortunately, it seems that ocamlc only supports one "-pp" tag. So if I
use a simple "-pp 'cat myprefix.ml'", I become incompatible with
Camlp4 :/

Any other idea?

Cheers,
 David