Excerpts from johannes.kanig's message of Tue Sep 09 15:38:04 +0200 2008:
> Hi List,
>
> I have the following problem. I have three files, each consisting of one
> line:
>
> a.ml: type t = float
> b.ml: type t = A.t
> c.ml: include B
>
> Now I want to put these modules into a pack, but I only want to export A and
> C, so I write a file project.mli:
> module A : sig type t end
> module C : sig type t = A.t end
>
> As I want to use ocamlbuild, I also create a file project.mlpack:

B should be in the pack even if you want to hide it.

> Now, the command "ocamlbuild project.cmo" works fine, but I can't build a
> library from that:
> ocamlbuild  project.cma
> Circular dependencies: "project.cmo" already seen in
>   [ "b.cmo"; "project.cmo" ]
>
> There clearly aren't any circular dependencies, are there? Am I missing
> something?

B depends on A, but A is in the pack Project. {B|->Project}
Project includes C, that depends on B. {Project->B}

> The problem goes away if I export B instead of C. So the troublemaker seems
> to be the include directive.

In that case:

* A is in Project {}
* B depends on A that is in Project, but B is also in Project {}
* C depends on B that is in Project {C->Project}

No cycle in this one

--
Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai