Daniel Bünzli wrote:
And on macosx ? It seems here on 10.5.5 that only dynlink.cma and dynlink.cmi for bytecode get installed. So I guess there's no support. What about the future ?

Native dynlink used to work on Mac OS X < 10.5 (x86 only). The new linker in 10.5 does not support linking shared libraries with non-PIC code. It is still possible to use the old linker, called ld_classic, but some libraries (like X11) does not work, so this has been disabled in the configure script.

The clean solution to make natdynlink work on recent Mac OS X systems
(beside convincing Apple to support the old behavior of their linker in their new implementation) is to change OCaml's x86 backend so that it produces only PIC code (this has been done for the AMD64 port). I don't think there is currently any plan to work on that.

Alain