I've finished the initial part of translating Camelia
to Qt4. It now uses no Qt3 classes/methods, and compiles cleanly
with Qt3 support disabled. Some minor Qt3-isms were refactored,
but it's just a tip of the iceberg. I now have to get it into a running shape.

I commit to SVN every day or two, on the days that I have time to work
on it, but it's still perhaps too early for others to contribute.
It'd be better to wait till it actually runs and can do something useful.
Right now it won't even bring the main window up, just idles ;)
I don't mind anyone looking at the code obviously, that's why it's
pretty much up-to-date in SVN, and it's GPL too :)

As for bringing it to ocamlforge: my grander plan is for Camelia to become the
defacto "minimal IDE" for a variety of programming environments, thus it
won't be limited to OCaml. I'd like it to replace various, often
underdeveloped, proprietary tools supplied by microcontroller vendors,
and also to provide a common alternative IDE for common open source
environments (say gcc/gdb for embedded devices, picmicro tools, etc).
It will stay minimal in the sense that it's meant to be a portable,
single-executable on Windows, same on Unices, and it won't really support
any sort of a plugin interface; everything will be compiled-in. I also don't
plan to veer in the direction of big IDEs like Eclipse or Kdevelop: I find
that I simply do not use most of their potential, and many people can
be perfectly productive without a monster IDE (as some have indicated in
a previous thread).

Cheers, Kuba