On Tuesday 18 November 2008 09:56:18 David Teller wrote:
> Now, we've decided that our current hierarchy is perhaps somewhat clumsy
> and that it may benefit from some reworking. Before we proceed, we'd
> like some feedback from the community...

I only have one major concern: you say "with the large number of modules
involved, we would need a hierarchy of modules" but the number of modules
involved is tiny (a few dozen in OCaml compared to tens or even hundreds of
thousands in any industrial-strength language) because OCaml has very few
libraries. Yet your module hierarchies are already enormous and often require
a longer sequence of modules to reach simple functionality than is required
in a comparatively-huge library like .NET.

To me, the most striking example is printf which is just printf in F#,
Printf.printf in OCaml and is now Text.Printf.printf in OCaml+Batteries.
Surely this is a step in the wrong direction?

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e