Le 20 nov. 08 à 22:12, David Teller a écrit :

If anyone is willing to work on a solution for linking documentation from third-party libraries into one transparent source, as suggested by Richard Jones, please contact me.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to acheive. If it is only a documentation issue cannot that be done with ocamldoc's -dump and - load ?

Batteries (pack)
    1. Standard (automatically opened)

Is this Pervasives ? If it is I think the latter name is more descriptive.

    13. Threads (A module containing aliases to Condition, Event...)
   19. CoThreads (as Threads but with implementations coming from
       coThreads)

If Threads and CoThreads are really semantically compatible I think that your idea of only having everything in Threads and CoThread is better and sufficient (i.e. top-level Condition, CoCondition, etc. should be dropped). Advise the users to open Threads/Cothreads to use the modules (or functorize their code on Concurrency). This allows to quickly switch from one implementation to the other by changing the toplevel open directive. With the current proposal users may be tempted to use Condition directly, and what happens if some have used Condition and others CoCondition in their modules and we suddenly try to use them toghether ?

While I personally find this solution a little clumsier than the previous hierarchy, ymmv.

Of course when you look it as a long list it does, but that's a presentation issue. This proposal is much more convenient to use in your code and that's what eventually matters (at least to me). Thanks for the new proposal.

Best,

Daniel