Gilles Pirio wrote:
> (2) Any way to contribute this work back to Ocaml community (on a
> separate cvs branch?) or is this kind of work planned by the core
> Ocaml team?
>
> Thanks,
> G<>

Well, I can give you access to an unofficial public git mirror of
INRIA's cvs.  I use it to build my compiler, but I dunno if anyone else
uses it.  If it had optimizations like this, they might very well.

I don't expect INRIA to work on such optimizations in the near future -
they seem to like ocamlc as a straightforward compiler - if you write
code to do [x], the compiled code will also do [x], even if it can be
shown to be a no-op.

E.