> Either I'm selectively blind, or providing this URL

> was another nice joke...

Sorry to disappoint you, but you actually were selectively blind ;-)

On the page
  http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Camlp4
is written:

        * The using Camlp4 page describes how to use the various Camlp4
executables.
        * The syntax extension tutorial is a must-see for the new Camlp4 user,
as it explains how to create a basic syntax extension module.
        * The OCaml code generation tutorial provides information on how to
generate OCaml code in Camlp4.
        * The full parser tutorial explains how to use Camlp4 as a complete
parser for a given grammar.
        * pa_float, a simple OCaml extension showing how to locally transform
the AST. You can check by yourself, or access the tutorials directly below:

http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Using_Camlp4
http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Syntax_extension_tutorial
http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/OCaml_code_generation_tutorial
http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Full_parser_tutorial
http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Pa_float

> "Wanted: Reference Manual"...
>
> "Without such a manual, it is not possible to translate any non-trivial
> syntax extension to Camlp4 3.10. It is not possible to write any
> tutorial either"
>

> Yes, and without a good tutorial and reference manual,
> this all is bullshit.
>
> I would urge to stop implementing any new features for OCaml,
> until there is a good documentation that explains all features
> that are already implemented. Adn a good documentation IMHO needs a
> reference manual as well as introductional texts like tutorials...

I do agree. A student of mine and I wrote some of the tutorials mentioned
myself after I learnt Camlp4 "the hard way", ie with no tutorials and the
obsolete documentation of the previous version. But lack of time and motivation
did not help me to write more documentation... I guess the same happened to
Nicolas Pouillard, who is the developer of the current Camlp4. I will improve
the Wiki when I have time, at the end of January.

In the meantime I wish you good luck, and hope the Wiki and tutorials will
provide enough information.

Cheers,
Matthieu