On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 22:17 +0000, Jon Harrop wrote:
> We've wrapped part of WPF in a functional shim for our F# for Visualization
> product and, even though it was originally intended for internal use only,
> our customers are loving using it themselves because it is vastly simpler and
> less error prone than trying to use WPF's own heavily-imperative but entirely
> thread unsafe OOP-based API directly.

Out of curiosity: is there a public documentation for your functional
API?

> Incidentally, Cilk looks like the ideal tool to write a parallel GC...

Mmmmhhh... Care to argument this? While I'd be glad to implement, say,
graph search or min-max/alpha-beta with Cilk, I don't quite see how a
concurrent GC would fit into the Cilk model.

Cheers,
 David

--
David Teller-Rajchenbach