Le 21 févr. 09 à 19:53, Romain Bardou a écrit :

Ok I think I did not explain correctly. Let's say that :
[...]

I think you are not getting my point. What I meant in the first place is that I see strictly no difference between :

rule ~deps ~prod r

and

rule ~prod begin fun env build ->
  let static_deps = build (List.map (fun d -> env d) deps) in
  List.iter Outcome.ignore_good static_deps;
  r env build
end

Strictly speaking this means that all dependencies can be resolved by the 'build' argument. However it is sometimes useful to introduce a partial order among them. Now your distinction dynamic/static is just a limited way of specifiying a partial order among dependencies. The generalized way of introducing that order is just to have calls to the 'build' argument in the order you want inside your rule.

If the above is true then I think it would be usefull to mention this in the documentation about the 'build' argument.

Best,

Daniel