On Mar 5, 2009, at 3:55 PM, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:

Why not using the LLVM OCaml binding? It is directly shipped with LLVM.
So you can write the entire generator in OCaml...

I would love to use LLVM. My concern is the overhead of calling from LLVM into OCaml, though. The code I'll be generating will need to make use of a library of functions.

I'd prefer to stay in OCaml so this library will need to be wrapped in C, if my understanding is correct. This implies manual labor to code the wrappers and the runtime overhead to invoke them.

        Thanks, Joel

---
http://tinyco.de
Mac, C++, OCaml