Hello,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:02, Damien Doligez <damien.doli...@inria.fr> wrote:
> For example, I don't understand why you
> would need a detailed review of the code in order to notice that the
> licence (which you quoted) is an exact copy of the new BSD licence
> (straight from www.opensource.org, IIRC).

I already acknowledged that I should have noticed that the license is
an exact copy of the new BSD license. However, from past experience,
it happens that such software coming from a national or european
project with multiple contributors might mix multiple (and even
incompatible) licenses for the different part of the code. Thus my
question regarding code review. (I'm *not* saying this is the case for
Focalize)

> Whether you (or the Debian developers, Microsoft management, or
> whoever else) choose to call it Free is a matter of political
> opinion and debate on this topic is usually a waste of time.

I entirely agree (for caml-list@). I'll should have avoided this part
of the question.

<formal tools rant for 2009>
Formal verification tools have such a high cost to learn and use them
that I personally won't *consider* them if they not Free Software
(according to FSF or Debian). It is hard enough to convince colleagues
and management of the usefulness of such tools without being annoyed
by restriction of use.
</rant>

Yours,
d.