On Tuesday 31 March 2009 14:37:05 Kuba Ober wrote:
> There must be some reason why the manual and other materials on the
> official site are of such poor quality.

FWIW, I think the OCaml manual is superb and under-appreciated.

> Jon's
> book, and Marcelo DiPierro's web2py book. Both are very good books
> because the authors have a feel for what it takes to understand what
> they talk about. Yet both miss out on some newer features of OCaml and
> web2py, respectively -- features that would be best explained by the
> very same authors!

My work is driven by profit, of course, and I believe it is substantially more
profitable to publish new books on related fringe topics where there is
little or no competition (e.g. F#, Scala, Clojure) rather than write a second
edition of an existing book like OCaml for Scientists.

I am currently writing another F# book but only because we do not publish one
yet. After that, I'll probably turn to another language but that may very
well be HLVM if I can develop it quickly enough...

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e