From the quasiquoting paper by Geoffrey Mainland [1], page 7:

"The major advantage of our approach over that of camlp4
is that we demonstrate how to use generic programming
to reuse a single parser to parse quasiquoted patterns,
quasiquoted expressions and plain syntax that does not
include antiquotes. Because OCaml does not support generic
programming out of the box, in camlp4 this would require
three separate parsers, each generating different
representations of the same concrete syntax."

Can someone shed light on how, where and why three different
parsers are required for camlp4? Is this still the case with 3.11?

        Thanks, Joel

[1] http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~mainland/ghc-quasiquoting/

---
Mac hacker with a performance bent