I have lot of modules and they are compiled to native code.
So I have .cmx and .o files and want to link them faster.

Is is possible to make linking an associative operation acting on modules?

I would like to do something like the following:
Knowing the correct partial order of modules (that compiler requires) I can create a tree that preserves that order. Leafs are modules. Other nodes of the tree correspond to a result of linking all descendant modules. Modules that are frequently recompiled are placed closer to the root. This way I expect to execute less linking operations during development.

Documentation of ld says that files produced with --relocatable can be used as intermediate partially linked files. Can something like this be done with object code produced by ocamlopt? I don't know ocaml-specific details of linking, so maybe I overlook some obvoius obstacle?

Dawid