Sylvain Le Gall a écrit :
On 28-11-2009, Guillaume Yziquel <guillaume.yziq...@citycable.ch> wrote:
Hello.

I'm trying to build a .cma with C stubs with ocamlbuild. Linking and includes are supposed to be set to non-standard directories.

You probably need to add some 'A"-ccopt"; A"your-option"' to the good
tag.
Can you give more details/actual layout of your myocamlbuild.ml ?

OK. Yes, I could meddle with my myocamlbuild.ml file. My myocamlbuild.ml file is the same as the one on the wiki:

http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Using_ocamlfind_with_ocamlbuild

But I mean, if I'm supposed to write a myocamlbuild.ml for every project I make, I might as well use Makefiles, as below.

I was wondering if there was a myocamlbuild.ml that would solve the C stub problem and bottleneck. For instance, being able to _tag in the tags file for a given .c file the directories in which to look for headers (here /usr/share/R/include), and for .o files, all linking information (here, /usr/lib/R/lib/libR.so).

The ideal would be to have all that available only from _tags.

Because if you need to write a myocamlbuild.ml for each and every project, you might as well write Makefiles... That's the point of a generic plugin.

yziq...@seldon:~/git/ocaml-r$ cat Makefile RLIBDIR=/usr/lib/R/lib
RINCLUDES=-I . -I /usr/share/R/include
INCLUDES=       -I +ocamldoc -I `ocamlc -where`/caml $(RINCLUDES)

COMPFLAGS=$(INCLUDES)
LINKFLAGS=$(INCLUDES) -ccopt -L$(RLIBDIR) -cclib -lR
LINKFLAGS_BYTE=$(INCLUDES) -ccopt -L$(RLIBDIR)  -cclib -lR

all: build

#build: r.cma r.cmxa oCamlR.cma oCamlR.cmxa
build: r.cma r.cmxa

r.cma: dllr_stubs.so camlobjs
        ocamlc -a -dllpath /usr/lib/R/lib -dllib dllr_stubs.so -dllib libR.so
-o r.cma r.cmo

r.cmxa: dllr_stubs.so camlobjs
        ocamlopt -a -ccopt -L/usr/lib/R/lib -cclib -lr_stubs -cclib -lR -o
r.cmxa r.cmx

oCamlR.cma: camlobjs
        ocamlc -a -o oCamlR.cma oCamlR.cmo

oCamlR.cmxa: camlobjs
        ocamlopt -a -o oCamlR.cmxa oCamlR.cmx

camlobjs: standard.ml
#       ocamlbuild -classic-display r.cmo r.cmx oCamlR.cmo oCamlR.cmx
        ocamlbuild -classic-display r.cmo r.cmx
        cp _build/r.cmi .
        cp _build/r.cmo .
        cp _build/r.cmx .
        cp _build/r.o .
#       cp _build/oCamlR.cmi .
#       cp _build/oCamlR.cmo .
#       cp _build/oCamlR.cmx .

standard.ml: r/standard.R
        R --silent --vanilla --slave < r/standard.R > r/standard.ml

r_stubs.o: r_stubs.c
        ocamlopt -ccopt -Wall $(COMPFLAGS) -ccopt -fPIC -c $<

libr_stubs.a: r_stubs.o
        ar rcs libr_stubs.a r_stubs.o

dllr_stubs.so: libr_stubs.a r_stubs.o
        ocamlmklib -o r_stubs r_stubs.o

clean:
        rm -f r/tandard.ml
        rm -f *.o *.so *.a *.cmi *.cmo *.cmx *.cma *.cmxa
        ocamlbuild -clean

test: build
        ocaml -init ocamlinit

install:
        cp META *.a *.cm[ai] *.cmxa /usr/lib/ocaml/R/
        cp dllr_stubs.so /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/

All the best,

--
     Guillaume Yziquel
http://yziquel.homelinux.org/