On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Eray Ozkural <examach...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What I want to do is to run the ocaml bytecode interpreter on each core, and
> then feed the relevant bytecode to those. It can be done, I suppose? Or am I
> missing something crucial? :) The runtime library would have to be ported to
> OpenCL/CUDA, as well, isn't that possible?

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. After all, there are Java,
JavaScript and OCaml implementations of that VM, so it could probably
be implemented with any "normal" programming language (exclude those
that are not Turing complete and exclude those such as brainfuck or
sed) ! But I don't quite see how it could help gaining performance, at
least not yet.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing a new esoteric implementation of
that nice VM ! :-)

> PS: Sorry for having mailed this to you personally, I intended to post
> it to the
> mailing list.

no problem ;-)

--