Sorry for answering very old message.  I was looking to camomile
related email and found this message.

2008/5/5 Berke Durak <berke.du...@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> A few months ago I submitted a small patch to ExtLib to the UTF8 module,
> adding three small but important functions
>
>   - substring
>   - output_uchar
>   - eof

Camomile do have substring (SubText module) and output_char (This is
done by CharEncoding module).   I'm not sure that EoF is required.
The idea behind Camomile is that channels raise End_of_File exception
when no character is available to read.  I think today most file does
not use EOF character to signify the end of file.  They simply
terminates.

> The patch hasn't been integrated in the ExtLib SVN (I've checked the trunk
> and tags on the SVN at code.google.com).
> As it's actually a patch against Camomile, (at the time I didn't know at the
> time that UTF8 was taken from Camomile),
> Richard Jones suggested that this is where the patch should go.

As I stated, Camomile does have things you suggested.  It is different
matter whether Extlib shoud have them.  This is the matter for
judgement of Extlib team.

> Also maybe you could host Camomile at
> forge.ocamlcore.org...

What is the benefit of it?