Thank you Guillaume.
The reason why it is complex for me to use C/C++ inside Ocaml is that it is
a huge, and hugely complex, body of C/C++ code, that comes with all sort of
nonstandard things, and with its own entire build process.  It is not clear
to me what happens if the main file is not some very special setup that
C/C++ is using.  I will look into it, but the difficulty is determined by
the conventions and build process of the C/C++ I have to deal with.

Luca