On Mar 10, 2010, at 1:25 PM, Mike Lin wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Xavier Leroy <xavier.le...@inria.fr> wrote:
> Note that x86-64 bits systems as well as Mac OS X already use SSE2 as
> their default floating-point model.
>
> I have a bunch of biological sequence analysis stuff that could be
> interesting but I am already in x86-64 ("Wow! A 64 bit architecture!"). The
> above seems pretty clear but just to verify - I would not benefit from this
> new back-end, right?
>
> Mike

Oops.  I just ran a bunch of tests on my Mac OS 10.6 system---does that mean
that I compared two sse2 backends?  The ocaml-sse2 branch definitely produced
different code than the trunk, but that could easily be due to any small
difference in the two compilers, and not due to a change of architecture.

Will