On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 08:42:28AM -0400, Jim Pryor wrote:
> Hi I'm looking into wrapping the Nat module from the Num package. I
> can't find any documentation for it, but the source + a bit of guesswork makes
> it somewhat accessible.
>
> However, superficially at least it looks like this library enables
> arbitrary getting/setting of bytes in the program's heap, with no
> bounds checking. Please tell me it's not so!

I found the documentation from 1992 here:
ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/publication/publi-pdf/RT/RT-0141.pdf

Not quite the same location listed in Ch 22 of the ref manual, but not
too far off, either. It seems that what I observed is indeed the documented
behavior of the Nat module. The Big_int and Num modules hide that
nastiness away.

--
Jim Pryor
prof...@jimpryor.net