Hello,

On 25-07-2010, Yoann Padioleau <pada...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> On Jul 25, 2010, at 2:45 PM, Dario Teixeira wrote:
>>

>>> Or if you prefer think of it this way: People are using really
>>> unsuitable languages (PHP) and really slow languages (Ruby, PHP,
>>> Python, Perl) on some massive websites out there.
>>
>> Yeap.  Personally, I find Ocsigen's greatest advantage to be the safety
>> and expressiveness that it brings to backend programming (and soon also
>> to the frontend).  The fact that it's also fast is just icing on the cake...
>
> My biggest issue with OCsigen is the lack of documentation and examples.
> With rails you got lots of books, and you got example of non trivial websites
> like a mini amazon (called depot:
> http://pragprog.com/titles/rails2/source_code)
> in less than 2000 lines of code.

There are examples of ocsigen websites:
http://ocsigen.org/ocsimore/sources/
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/scm/viewvc.php/?root=ocsforge
http://ocsigen.org/ocsigenserver/sources/examples

You could even found some of them outside ocsigen websites:
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/scm/viewvc.php/?root=lambdoc
http://github.com/mfp/ocsiblog

But, I think the documentation issue is a chicken and egg problem. If
more people are interested in ocsigen, the documentation will improve...

I am experimenting with ocsigen since one month and I think it is a good
framework. It provides a good type checking of HTML struct, errors
outputted are not very clear, but you know where the problem is.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall