It guess it would, but it seems to me that such a task would be far too
ambitious.
Speaking for myself, I could relatively quickly write a VM for caml, but
writing the ocaml runtime design documents is something that would take me
way too much time. Most of ML users don't have access to the original caml
designers so we have no way to understand their design choices fully.

-[ Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 04:37:36PM +1000, ivan chollet ]----
> The existing ocaml runtime is
> amazing but it's definitely not very community friendly and is in my opinion
> a bit hard to understand given the scarcity of design documents. A real
> community project with real documentation might be interesting for teaching
> purposes but also in production environments.
> If enough people are interested, I'll be happy to contribute or to start
> such a project.

Don't you think it would be a more profitable work to document the
existing runtime instead ?